Monday, April 13, 2009

Historical & Artisitic Styles

I had a lot of fun working on this particular addition to my source book. I hope you enjoy it!!

Baroque

The image I chose to represent the Baroque period is of Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth: The Golden Age.  The film is set in the late 1500's and the costume designer on set was Alexandra Byrne. I chose this particular picture because I've seen the neckline represented in todays fashions. Although the inspiration is more than 400 years old, couture designers still borrow from it. 

Rococo
This image is of Catherine Zeta Jones in The Mask of Zorro and it represents the Rococo period. The film is set in the early 1800's and the costume designer on set was Graciela Mazon. I chose this picture because this is one of my favorite movies and because I like Catherine Zeta Jones' own personal style. 

Romantic 
This picture represents clothing from the Romantic period. This picture featured Chiwetel Ejiofor, Morgan Freeman and Matthew McConaughey. The film is set in the mid 1800's and the costume designer on set was Ruth E. Carter. I chose this picture because it features two of my favorite actors, Morgan Freeman and  Chiwetel Ejiofor and also because the movie represents a very pivotal time in American history. 

Neo-Classical
This picture represents fashions from the Neo-Classical period.  Uma Thurman's high waisted, sheer layered dress is  perfect example of the Neo-Classical influence!! I chose this dress because it reminds me of the dress I wore in my sisters wedding. 

Impressionism

This picture represents fashion inspired by the Impressionist period. All the women in the cast are wearing something that represents the Impressionist period. The designer on set was Brienne Glyttov. 

Wearable Art
Finally, this is a picture of a photo shoot for Sex & The City: The Movie. I chose this picture because Sarah Jessica Parker is such a style icon. I am not exactly sure of the designers for any of the pieces but I assume that they are current garments because they movie was so heavily based on fashion. Im sure Sarah Jessica Parker & Patricia Field worked together to achieve these looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment